Hawaij spice mix is a traditional Spice blend from Yemen. This blend is widely used among Yemenite and Israeli cooking. The Spice Library’s Spices Hawaji Spice Mix is quintessential to meat dishes of any kind and broths. Every household have their own version. The main ingredients of this blend are Peppercorns, Cumin Seeds, Coriander Seeds, Cardamom, Cloves and Turmeric.
Hawaij Spice Mix Serving Suggestions
This spice blend is suitable for meat, chicken, soups or casseroles.
Use as a rub for Grilled meat and chicken;
- Mix 2 tbsp with 1/4 cup of light olive oil (for every 500g meat)
- Add 1 clove of garlic crushed, handful of roughly chopped coriander, mint & parsley
- Add 1 tbsp of hot chilli powder (optional). Stir to combine well.
- Coat all side of the meat with the spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Serve with our delicious Tabbouleh recipe and warm pita bread the traditional way.
For the latest and upcoming products and promotions – stay tuned at Spice Library Instagram Page.