Ras-el-hanout is a classic Moroccan Spice mix used in Moroccan or north African cuisine.
The Arabic name “Ras-el-Hanout” means ‘top of the shop’ or the best spice blend that a spice merchant has to offer.
The Spice Library’s Spices Ras-el-hanout is a versatile spice mix which can be used as a dry rub or marinade for Meat, Poultry, fish and vegetables.
This classic Moroccan Spice blend is often used in combination with harissa paste and preserved lemons
Ras-el-Hanout Spice Blend Serving Suggestions:
A delicous recipe for Lamb Tagine.
- Marinade 1kg lamb/chicken with 2 tablespoon of ras-el-hanout and 1 tablespoon of harissa paste for 2-4Hrs.
- Fry 2 onions, add meat and ¼ cup chopped coriander.Sauté for 5 mins.
- Add 400g tinned tomato & 400ml stock. Bring to boil.
- Then simmer for 1.5Hr.
- Add 100g Prunes/sultanas, 2 tbsp of chopped preserved lemons
- cook for further 45mins. Season to taste.
Other seasonal fruits and vegetables can be added. Mango and eggplant combination is recommended.
- Pepper & Cayenne Pepper
- Rose petals
- Roasted spices & Cardamom