Jordanian Spice Mix is a classic red meat spice mix. This spice mix combines the flavors of Cardamom, cloves, cumin, ginger, Cinnamon, pepper and a subtle touch of chilli powder.
A classic dish using Jordanian Spice mix is Beef brisket with saffron and pistachio yogurt.
Jordanian Spice Mix Serving Suggestions
- Combine 40g of spice mix with garlic, ginger, salt and lemon juice
- Rub the mixture over the beef brisket until well coated. Set aside
- Brew 1 pinch of saffron in 1 tablespoon of hot boiling water
- In a food processor blend 3/4 cup yogurt with 1 cup of pistachio and saffron. Pour this mixture over the spiced beef brisket.
- Marinade the meat for 2 days.
- Add the meat to the casserole dish with 1 cup of boiling water.
- Roast the meat for 3-4 hours at 180C until the meat falls apart.
- serve alongside hummus, tabbouleh on quick fried flat bread.