Mexican rub locally made with no added preservatives using Chipotle, Ancho, Habanero, Smoked Paprika, Mexican Oregano and spices.
Mexican rub is perfect for a traditional pulled pork served with tortilla, guacamole, sour cream and corn.
Pulled Pork Recipe using Mexican Rub
- 500-700g Pork shoulder
- 1 red Onions- cut in quarter
- 4 cups stock
- ½ cup verjuice or sweet white wine
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Marinade the meat on all sides for at least 3-4hrs or overnight. Then bring to room temperature & brown on all sides for a few minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C. In a shallow casserole dish mix all other ingredients and add the browned meat. Cover and cook for 3-5 hours while basting the meat occasionally. Adjust liquid (covering half of the meat) & seasoning.
- Pull meat apart and pour the gravy on top with ½ lemon juice.
- Serve with fresh salads, guacamole, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla.
Tortilla Press available at the Spice Library Store.