Chipotle Chilli refers to the smoked dried Jalapeno chillies with chocolate & tobacco flavour. Chipotle Chilli is one of the widely used Mexican Chillies used in South American cuisines and now many contemporary western cuisines.
Chipotle Chilli is often re-hydrated in liquid. Then these chilies, along with a small portion of the re-hydrating liquid, are mixed with onion, garlic, Mexican Oregano and Smoked Paprika to form a homogeneous paste which is perfect rub for pulled pork recipes.
Scoville rating 3,000-10,000 (Medium)
Chipotle Chilli Cooking Suggestion:
South American Chilli Salsa
– 1 small Shallot- cut in quarter
– 4 cloves Garlic
– 1tbsp ground Cumin
– 1tsp Spice Library Smoked Paprika
– 4 Roma tomatoes- Peeled, de-seeded & quartered
– 2 tbsp chopped Coriander
– 1 tbsp Mexican oregano
– Pinch of salt & Pepper
– 4tbsp olive oil
– 4-6 Pork Chops (or your choice of meat)
1. Rehydrate the chillies in ¼ cup warm water for 10 minutes. Then break into pieces or chop coarsely.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender and process until a homogenous paste is obtained.
3. Lightly oil a roasting tray and place chops in the tray& season. Then pour salsa over the meat ensuring it is well coated. Cook for 1 hour in a preheated oven at 150C or until the meat is cooked to your desired liking. Serve with green salad, avocado, cheddar cheese and dollop of sour cream.