Chipotle Chilli refers to the smoked dried Jalapeno chillies with chocolate & tobacco flavour. As such, chipotle Chilli is one of the widely used Mexican Chillies used in South American cuisines and now many contemporary western cuisines.
This smoked chilli is often re-hydrated in liquid. These chilies, along with a small portion of the re-hydrating liquid, are mixed with onion, garlic, Mexican Oregano and Smoked Paprika to form a homogeneous paste which is perfect rub for pulled pork recipes.
Scoville rating 3,000-10,000 (Medium)
Chipotle Chilli Cooking Suggestion:
South American Chilli Salsa
– 1 small Shallot- cut in quarter
– 4 cloves Garlic
– 1tbsp ground Cumin and 1tsp Spice Library Smoked Paprika
– 4 Roma tomatoes- Peeled, de-seeded & quartered
– 2 tbsp chopped Coriander and 1 tbsp Mexican oregano
– Pinch of salt & Pepper
– 4tbsp olive oil
– 4-6 Pork Chops (or your choice of meat)
1. Rehydrate the chillies in ¼ cup warm water for 10 minutes. then break into pieces or chop coarsely.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender and process until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
3. Lightly oil a roasting tray and place chops in the tray& season. Then pour salsa over the meat ensuring it is well coated. Cook for 1 hour in a preheated oven at 150C or until the meat is cooked to your desired liking. Serve with green salad, avocado, cheddar cheese and dollop of sour cream.
- Smoked Jalapeno Chilli