Jordanian Beef Brisket
Slow cooked Middle Eastern Spiced Beef
Jordanian Beef Brisket with Saffron and Pistachio yoghurt Recipe
Jordanian Spice Mix is a classic red meat spice mix. This spice mix combines the flavors of Cardamom, cloves, cumin, ginger, Cinnamon, pepper and a subtle touch of chilli powder.
Ingredients – Spice mix marinade
- 1 kg beef brisket on bone
- 30g of Jordanian spice mix
- 1 tbsp of ginger – finely grated
- 2 garlic – crushed
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
Ingredients – Yogurt mixture
- 1/2 tsp of saffron thread- brewed in 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 2 tbsp of pistachio
- 185g plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp of blanched almonds
- 3 tbsp of pure honey
- Make short deep slits over the beef brisket.
- Combine all the ingredients from spice mix marinade and rub all over the beef.
- In a food processor – pure the yogurt mixture. Spoon the pure over the spiced beef.
- Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 24 hours to 48 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Place the marinated beef with juices in a casserole dish along with 1cup of boiling water. Cook for 2-3 hours until the meat falls apart.
- Once cooked, with a fork pull the meat apart.
- Serve alongside to hummus and tabbouleh.
|Chicken Mole||Pork Belly Pintox|
|Pork Belly Pintox|