Tandoori Curry Recipe
Indian Tandoori Recipe - Quick and Easy
Tandoori Curry Recipe
Tandoori curry recipe a classic Indian curry made the easy way.
It is no surprise to anyone that I love Indian curry and above all I love playing around with different spices to create an awesome home-made curry.
Although I don’t like to brag about this….once in a while I also like to cheat my way through recipes… and with the busy week before the Easter break, my motivation for cooking was at its lowest yet I wasn’t quiet prepared for a take out curry. Admittedly, the stock in my fridge wasn’t inspiring either. Luckily, I had some dorper lamb meat, half a pumpkin and a jar of the Spice Library tandoori paste to make a fuss free curry. And this is how my cheat Tandoori Lamb Curry came to fruition.
Serve this dish with a traditional Indian Bread (recipe here)
Love to hear your thoughts… feel free to leave a comment.
Enjoy!Watch the video Here
- 3 tbsp of the Spice Library Tandoori Paste
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon of Persian Ghee
- 1 tsp of cooking salt – extra for seasoning
- 2 tomatoes – roughly chopped
- 1 red shallot – finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic – minced
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger – minced
- 1 green chilli – roughly chopped
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1tsp of fennel seeds
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 10 cloves
- 10 peppercorns
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 1 cup of pumpkin and potato – roughly chopped
- 350g Lamb meat (you can substitute this with beef or chicken pieces if desired)
- Boiling water – enough to just cover the curry mixture
- Persian Cumin Rice – side dish
- Heat Persian ghee and coconut oil in a heavy based non-stick pot (23cm-25cm diameter) over medium heat until starting to smoke.
- Add the whole spice seeds and fry whilst siring until fragrant.
- Add shallots, garlic, ginger and green chilies and fry to slightly brown. Stirring continuously allows for the flavors to evolve and bind together.
- Then add tomato and meat and salt. Stir well to combine. Saute for 10 -15 minutes.
- Then add Tandoori paste. Combine well and saute for further 10 minutes.
- Now stir through the vegetables. Followed by boiling water. Cover and cook for 60-90 minutes on low heat. The long cooking time will allows the dish to come together.
- Adjust seasoning before serving.
- Garnish with chilies and fresh shallots and herbs.
Serve this dish with Persian Cumin Rice or traditional Indian Bread
|Homemade Banana Cupcakes||Persian Ghee & Sour cream Pastry|
|Homemade Banana Cupcakes|
|Persian Ghee & Sour cream Pastry|