This method is one of the crucial ways of achieving soft, golden and caramelized onion. It allows all the goodness and flavours of onions to be released. The result is sweet flavoured onion which is the building foundations of cooking Persian curries.
- 2 large onions, peeled, finely sliced or diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoon olive oil/vegetable oil
- Place diced onions in a saucepan on low heat.
- Add salt and mix well, stirring occasionally for 5 mins. This process will sweat the onion and allows all the goodness and flavours to be released.
- Then add oil and turmeric. Stir well. then fry or Taft the onion on medium heat until onion is golden.