Rose & Pistachio Couscous
Rose & Pistachio Couscous. I absolutely love flamboyance with minimal effort during a busy time of the year. I think about food all the time. I am constantly thinking of ways to create something spectacular, visually appetizing that gets my guests and loved ones starting a conversation at a gathering. After all that’s what food is all about…. right?!
What is even more satisfying for me is the background sounds of ooohh, ahhhh and yummmm by the guests at the table. The passing of platters, the talking of flavours… the simple joys of life!
This recipe I am about to share with you has been a crowd winner at all my gatherings and parties.
Enjoy creating, sharing and indulging!
- 250g couscous – cook according to packet instruction
- 2 tablespoon of Persian ghee
- 2 tablespoon of rose water
- 4 tbsp of Barberries – rinsed
- 3 tablespoon of Persian Slivered Pistachio
- Handful of Persian Rose Petals
- 1 tsp finely chopped Preserved Lemons
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Prepare the couscous as per packet instruction. Fluff the cooked couscous with persian Ghee to evenly coat the couscous
- Heat butter in a small saucepan. Add rinsed barberries. Saute for 1 minute until plump. Remove from heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cooked barberries to the couscous. Mix well.
- Serve in a white platter.