Double roasted curry powder blended by the Spice Library locally is full bodied, nutty and rich curry powder perfect for red meat or eggplant/okra dishes.
the Spice Library’s Spices Double Roasted Curry powder is perfect for red meat, biryani dishes.
Double Roasted Curry Powder Serving Suggestions:
- Heat oil/Ghee in a large saucepan; add 2 chopped onions, 4 cloves of garlic and 1 tbsp of finely chopped ginger. Season with Salt, pepper and turmeric. Cook for 5-7 minutes until browned.
- Add 50-700g beef cut into 2.5cm cubes and fry for 5 minutes. then add 3-4 tablespoon of curry powder and stir until fragrant.
- Then add 2 tbsp of Garam Masala, 1/4 cup tomato paste, 2 tablespoon of white vinegar, 1/4 cup of sultanas. saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Then add 250ml stock, bring to boil. Cover and simmer on a very low heat for 40-60 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning and add lemon juice if desired. Garnish with freshly chopped Coriander.