Persian Zucchini Kuku
Persian Zucchini Kuku
I absolutely love this vegetarian Kuku. The Persian word Kuku translates to Frittata. This dish is an absolute favourite snack or quick lunch in Iran. The perfect summer serving.
Every household have their representation of this dish. My mother always used to prepare the herby kuku full of her fresh garden herbs.
Being prevailed to start my own organic garden recently – I am constantly thinking of ways to use the beautiful harvests from my garden. Also to use the abundant of eggs I receive from my two gorgeous chooks, Lola and Leilah.
This recipe I am about to share with you can be a perfect starter or cold lunch wrapped in pitta bread. Add fresh rocket and Persian feta on top… and enjoy!
Enjoy creating, sharing and indulging!
- 1 large zucchini – coarsely grated
- 1 large tomato – finely sliced and chopped
- 1 carrot – grated
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley –
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh sweet basil
- 1 tsp of chopped fresh mint
- 3 happy eggs
- 4 tablespoon of Persian ghee
- 1 table spoon of Advieh Spice Blend
- 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 lemon
- Prepare the fresh ingredients. Rinse fresh herbs and spin dry before chopping.
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until the mixture is aerated (light and frothy).
- On medium heat, add ghee or oil to a small non-stick fry pan. Add mixture to the pan.
- Cook on one side for at least 15 minutes.Then cover with aluminum foil & cook on low heat for further 10 minutes until the bottom layer is golden.
- Remove the foil, place a plate on top of the pan and invert the Kuku onto the plate. Transfer the uncooked side to the pan (face down) and cook for further 10 mins on low/medium heat until golden or a tester comes out clean.
- Top up the kuku with fresh rocket and feta.
- Serve with warm pitta or Turkish bread.
You will notice that there is no picture of the cooked dish…. unfortunately the hungry household members got to it before my camera did 🙂
|South American Chilli Salsa||Homemade Banana Cupcakes|
|South American Chilli Salsa|
|Homemade Banana Cupcakes|