Mixed Vegetable Quiche
Vegeterian home-made Quiche Recipe
Mixed Vegetable Quiche
Mixed Vegetable quiche recipe is one of my go to recipes for lunch.
Do you ever feel super guilty throwing vegetables away? Do you promise that you will Never Ever buy so much vegetables that you may need to throw it away?!I know I do… I have failed miserably in this department…
For me shopping for food or vegetables in general is like shopping for designer handbags or shoes. I get supper excited about the possibility of what I can cook with all the seasonal produce at a market stall.
So to ease my guilt I have created this recipe to resurrect the sad looking vegetables in my fridge.
I hope you enjoy cooking, sharing and eating as much as I do!
Love to hear your thoughts… feel free to leave a comment. xx
Stage 1 – Preparing sad looking vegetables
- 2 medium beetroots – peeled & finely diced
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin – peeled & finely diced
- 1 large red onions – roughly sliced
- 2 Lebanese eggplants – roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic – minced
- 2 marrows roughly chopped
- Handful of fresh herbs like oregano, thyme, parsley and basil (you can use 1 tsp of dried oregano and thyme each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Stage 2 – The remaining ingredients
- 6 eggs – lightly whisked
- 2 Roma tomato – roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Hawaij spice blend
- 1 full tsp bicarb soda
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- squeeze of lemon juice
Stage 3– Shortcrust pastry
- 500g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250g of unsalted butter – chilled in the fridge for 15 minutes before using
- 120ml of chilled water + 1 tsp of white vinegar mixed.
OR use the store-bought shortcrust pastry rolled to 5mm thick
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- To make the shortcrust pastry, add flour and butter to the food processor, blitz for a 1 minute to resemble crumbs. Then add water and vinegar mixture gradually. Pulse between each addition. Continue until a dough consistency is achieved.
- Remove the dough from food processor and form into a ball. Wrap the dough and place in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick fry pan on high heat. Add vegetables and caramelize for 5 minutes.
- Season and set aside.
- Combine the stage 2 ingredients until frothy.
- Add vegetables to the above mixture. Fold through and set aside.
- Take the shortcrust pastry out of the freezer. On a clean bench dusted with little flour, roll the pastry until 5mm thick.
- Gently place the dough onto the tart/quiche baking tray. Cut the pastry allowing for a few centimeter of pastry hanging over the side. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- When ready, Add the vegetable mixture and pressing well to remove any gap.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling top is caramelized.
To serve, drizzle with olive oil, add fresh rocket, tomato, white radish and goat cheese.
You may not need to use all of the buckwheat flour as you are looking for a pasty mixture not a thick mixture
|Smoked Aubergine with Garlic & Tomato||South American Chilli Salsa|
|Smoked Aubergine with Garlic & Tomato|
|South American Chilli Salsa|