Natural yoghurt is the quintessential accompaniment for most Persian meals. There are many variations of the theme, all designed to take an already tasty dish to extraordinary new heights.
- 2 large Lebanese cucumber
- 3 spring onions, washed
- 1 clove garlic , peeled (Optional)
- 1 tablespoons dried mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 2 cups Natural yoghurt
- Salt & pepper
- Roughly chop cucumber, spring onions, garlic and fresh mint, as shown.
- Place chopped ingredients in the food processor along with salt, pepper & dried mint. Blend until a smooth paste. (note: if you prefer the chunky cucumber, then finely chop the ingredients)
- Place the mixture into a serving bowl & add yoghurt. Mix well until well combined. Adjust seasoning if required.
Great Served alongside of Spice Library Split-Pea Stew or Saffron & Barberry Rice.