A delicous recipe for Chickpea Curry.
- Soak 220g of chickpeas overnight. Drain, rinse and place in a pot with 1 clove of garlic, cover with water. Bring to boil & Simmer for 45 minutes or until soft. Drain from the pot while keeping 1/2 cup of the liquid as your stock.
- Heat 4 tbsp Persian Ghee/oil in a saucepan. Then add 2 finely chopped onions, 2 cloves of garlic and 1 tsp finely chopped ginger. Add chilli if desired.
- Cook until the mixture is translucent.
- Add 1 tbsp of Channa Masala blend, saute for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Then add 400g of freshly chopped Roma Tomato (or in tin) and 1 Tbsp tomato paste. Mix well.
- Return the chickpea stock to the pot along with 1 cup of hot water and another tablespoon of Channa Masala blend.
- Bring to boil for 3-5 minutes. Then transfer the cooked chickpeas to the saucepan.
- Season well and cook on low heat for at least 30 minutes until the mixture is thickened.
- Optional: 10 minutes prior to turning off the heat, add 2 tbsp of cream.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and finely sliced shallots/chillies and serve on Persian Cumin rice.