Argentinian Beef Stew cooked in Mud oven
Argentinian Stew slow cooked in mud oven.
This recipe, Argentinian Stew, is inspired by my visit to the Casa de Camp vineyard whilst in Mendoza.
One of the friendly Argentinian local recommended this place for a traditional yet hearty Argentinian food that is not solely focused on Asado (BBQ meat). After all the commentary about how good this place was… I was eager to try. ” So how do we get there? ” I asked…thinking that it would be about an hour or so on the bus. Mind you riding on an Argentinian local bus is like being on an adventure world thrill ride. So in a short note; it requires a brave and determined person to get on the bus. And I was determined to try this amazing food and it surely didn’t disappoint.
-500g Stewing beef
-6 cloves Garlic finely chopped
– 2 large onions finely diced
– 1 carrot chopped
– 1 red chilli finely chopped
– 1 large potato- quartered
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– 4 tbsp sunflower oil
– 3 tbsp Dulce pimenton powder ( Sweet paprika)
– 2 tbsp freshly ground cumin
– 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
– 3 tbsp dried oregano ( highly recommend the Mexican Oregano)
– 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
– 2 tbsp lemon juice
– 1/2 cup red wine
– 2 cups of beef stock or water.
– Sea salt/ pink salt
1. Heat 1/2 of each oil in a pot (clay pot if you can get your hands on it) and brown meat on all sides for a few minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside.
2. Saute onion, garlic & chilli for a few minutes without browning. Add pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Add carrot and potato. Saute for a few minutes followed by the herbs and spices. Saute until fragrant, then add meat, lemon juice, red wine and stock. Adjust seasoning.
4. Bring to boil. Cover & cook for 4-5 hours in a mud oven or on stove ( low heat).
|Pork Belly Pintox||Kashmiri Kofta Curry|
|Pork Belly Pintox|
|Kashmiri Kofta Curry|