Mexican rub handcrafted by the Spice Library in Perth, W.A. A full bodies Mexican rub highlights the smoky and deep flavour of Chipotle, fruity & Sweetness of poblano chilli (Ancho Chilli) combined with pleasant heat of habanero chilli.Perfect for Pulled Pork recipe
Mexican rub isThis delicious Mexican marinade is gluten free with no preservatives.
Mexican Rub cooking suggestion
Pulled pork recipe
- 500-700g Pork shoulder
- 1 red Onions- cut in quarter
- 4 cups stock
- ½ cup verjuice or sweet white wine
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Marinade the meat with one Jar of Spice Library Mexican rub on all sides for at least 3-4hrs or overnight. Then bring to room temperature & brown on all sides for a few minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160C. In a shallow casserole dish mix all other ingredients and add the browned meat. Cover and cook for 3-5 hours while basting the meat occasionally. Adjust liquid (covering half of the meat) & seasoning.
- Pull meat apart and pour the gravy on top with ½ lemon juice.
- Serve with fresh salads, guacamole, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla.